Join us this coming Friday for the First Friday Film & Discussion that we are cosponsoring with First Unitarian Society – Madison and many others who are united for peace and justice.
Friday, February 4, 2022 – 6:30 – 8 pm
We will be showing two short documentary films:
1. Jetline: Voices from the Flight Path, and
2. When the Jets Fly: New Warplanes Turn US Towns Into Sonic Hellscapes.
Residents of Whidbey Island on the west coast & Burlington, Vermont on the east coast are being traumatized by US fighter jets. Madison, Wisconsin could be next. Learn what people are doing to resist the militarization of our communities.
A discussion led by local and national leaders will follow the film showings.
* Retired Air Force Colonel Rosanne Greco spent 30 years in active service specializing in strategic intelligence, nuclear weapons and arms control. Former chair of the South Burlington City Council and an active Unitarian Universalist, Greco has been fighting the basing of F-35s in Vermont for ten years.
* Omar Poler lives in the Eken Park neighborhood of Madison and has been organizing with his neighbors to stop the F-35 “beddown” and protect water from PFAS contamination. He is a member of Eken Park Resistance and likes to be outside with his wife, Twyla, and two young children.
* Terra Huey is the social media coordinator for the Sound Defense Alliance, a coalition of groups throughout Northwest Washington and the Salish Sea representing thousands of Washingtonians. SDA is recognized for getting Real-Time Noise Monitoring into the National Defense Authorization Act, passed last year by Congress.
Register for Zoom Link to Film & Discussion at:
A link to the event will be sent to your email address soon after you register and again after 6pm on Friday, 2/4. Registration ends at 6pm on Friday, 2/4. For more information call Tim at 608-630-3633.
Please help us spread the word by sharing this Facebook event: https://tinyurl.com/FFFFeb4NoF35Fb
Cosponsors of this event include:
CodePink, Safe Skies Clean Water Coalition, WI Unitarian Universalist State Action Network, Family Farm Defenders, Eken Park Resistance, Interfaith Peace Working Group, WI Network for Peace & Justice, Sound Defense Alliance, Peace Action-WI, Madison Vets for Peace, and Nukewatch.