The mission of The Colorado Coalition is to educate the general public and public officials concerning proactive and solution-oriented action on nuclear weapons.
- International law, diplomacy, citizen engagement and the history and trajectory of nuclear disarmament and an international nuclear weapons ban.
- Effective civic engagement practices, especially in relation to the U.S. Congress.
- The human health, financial and environmental costs of nuclear weapons manufacturing, deployment and use.
- The current behavior of all state and non-state organizations using nuclear weapons technology.
Educated citizens work with the U.S. Colorado Congressional Delegation to enact legislation that supports the following long-term aims:
- Universal nuclear disarmament towards zero nuclear weapons and the effective safeguarding and storage of existing nuclear materials.
- National security gained through international cooperation to secure a sustainable future and protection of universal human rights.
- Redirection of military spending towards human and environmental needs.